It is clear fit the current circumstances of the pandemic have changed how interactions occur everywhere simple interactions with politicians is not an exception to this rule. Therefore, we would like to give you some tips, so your organization has a better chance of response when engaging a legislative representative in this new world.
- Everything is on zoom or some sort of video platform you must make your point short
- Think about your question make sure it is relevant to the topic at hand
- make sure all communications that are specific are in the chat box
- Address this specific individual the question is intended to unless you are speaking to a panel
- if you do not have a relevant question to the topic being discussed politely phrased that in chat box to that direct individual
- Remain mindful of the time allotted for each speaker provide some sort of contact information in chat so a more detailed discussion could potentially take place later
We realize that some of these points maybe seem like common sense, but they make all the difference when dealing in a virtual forum. These actions show that your agency is not only respectful but understands the unwritten rules OF virtual decorum. For more specific guidance please do not hesitate to make an appointment with us we hope you find these tips helpful.